1 hour 30 minutes
- 40 – 50 g fresh ZENXIN Organic Ginger, cut into thin slices
- 500 g chicken, with skin and bone, cut in pieces (2-3 cm)
- 30 g Chinese rice wine (Shaoxing Hua Tiao)
- 20 g Simply Natural Premium Grade Organic Soy Sauce
- 10 g oyster sauce
- 2 tsp wolfberries (goji), rinsed
- 5 slices dang gui (Chinese angelica root)
- ¼ tsp Simply Natural Organic Cold Pressed Sesame Oil, dark (roasted)
- 1 tsp Simply Natural French Sea Salt, adjust to taste
- 10 Simply Natural Organic Sun-dried Red Dates
- 800 g water
- Place ginger in mixing bowl, chop 5 sec/speed 6. Transfer to a small fine sieve and squeeze out juice, reserving it. Rinse mixing bowl.
- Set Varoma dish into position and insert a steaming dish (Ø 20 cm). Weigh in chicken, Chinese rice wine, light soy sauce and oyster sauce. Add wolfberries, dang gui, reserved ginger juice, sesame oil, salt and red dates to the dish and mix. Remove Varoma, set aside and marinate for 1-2 hours in refrigerator.
- Place water in mixing bowl, boil 10 min/Varoma/speed 1. Set Varoma with chicken into position, steam 15 min/Varoma/speed 1, Carefully open Varoma lid, check if chicken is cooked evenly, prolong cooking time if needed. Serve hot.
- Chop and squeeze the juice of ginger slices. Reserve for usage later.
- Mix chicken, chinese rice wine, light soy sauce, oyster sauce, wolfberries, dang gui, reserved ginger juice, sesame oil, salt and red dates. Marinate the ingredients for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Steam the chicken for 15 minutes. Do check if chicken is cooked evenly, prolong cooking time if needed. Serve hot.