Shakshuka has more than a few things going for it. It’s fun to say, fun to make and fun to eat. The word shakshuka comes from Arabic, meaning “a haphazard mixture” or “all mixed up”.
Shakshuka is a simple one-pan meal that makes a statement, and it’s a great recipe to keep in your back pocket.
Print recipe here: Shakshuka
- Prepare time :10 mins
- Cooking time : 15 mins
- Serving :3 person
- 3 pcs Eggs
- 1/2 pcs Organic Red Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 pcs Bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 3 cloves Organic Garlic (chopped)
- 3 pcs Sausage (cut into sliced)
- 250g of Tomato puree
- 2 pinch of Organic Black pepper
- 1 tsp Organic Curry Powder
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the chopped bell pepper and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add garlic ,spices and sausage and cook an additional minute.
- Pour tomatoes puree into pan .Season with salt and pepper and bring the sauce to a simmer
- Use your large spoon to make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs into each well. Cover the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.