Love risotto? Try this healthier, weight- friendly version recipe which replaces the usual risotto rice with filling pearl barley. As pearl barley is low in fat, high in fiber and gives a nutty undertone, it is not any inferior to the commonly used arboria rice in risotto recipe.
Print recipe here: Pearl barley risotto recipe
- Preparation: 2 hours
- Cooking: 30 mins
- Total: 2 hours and 30 mins
- Serves: 1
- 100 g Organic Pearl Barley
- 2 teaspoon Butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of organic Morado garlic
- 100 g Shimeji Mushroom
- Himalayan Rock Salt (to taste)
- Organic Black Pepper, Ground (to taste)
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- Soak pearl barley for at least 2 hours.
- Melt the butter in large non-stick skillet over low heat. Cook onion and garlic until soften.
- Add soaked barley, shimeji mushroom and 1 cup of water and stir until the water is absorbed. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in the grated cheese. Serve immediately.