A simple yet delicious Indian recipe that can be an excellent companion for rice, Chapathi and roti. This Mushroom masala recipe can be made easily with less ingredients, can be made quickly and tastes delicious. Whenever you are out of time this is a quick fix side dish recipe with lots of flavor and taste.
Print recipe here: Hericium Mushroom Masala
- Preparation: 5 mins
- Cooking: 15 mins
- 250 g cut Hericium Mushroom
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 Ceylon Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 tsp Lakadong Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Agra Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Chili powder (Regular) to taste
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1 Tomato
- Required Water
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and add Ceylon cinnamon stick, cardamom and cumin seeds, after a few seconds add finely chopped onions, salt and saute until golden.
- Once the onions are golden add the masalas – Ginger garlic paste, lakadong turmeric powder, Cumin powder, agra garam masala , coriander powder , red chili powder, green chilies and curry leaves. Mix all the ingredients well and then add chopped tomato , little bit of water and cook until everything turns soft ( 5 – 6 minutes). You can also add tomato paste to get very smooth gravy.
- Once oil starts to separate, add the cleaned and sliced mushrooms and mix it well with the masala mixture and cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Then add required water and cook until the mushrooms are fully done.
- Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat. You can add a tsp of ghee on the top to enhance the flavor.