Good for your tummy!
A warm, hearty bowl of noodles to soothe your tummy when you’re feeling uneasy.
Especially good for elderly.
Credits: Dietitian Jowynna Yeo
Print the recipe! Hearty Miso Noodle Soup
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 30 mins
Total: 40 mins
- 2 pieces of SN Organic Handmade Vegetable Noodles (any flavour)
- 2 cloves Morado garlic, minced
- 2 piece SN Organic Brown Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp SN Vegetable Seasoning (G Powder)
- 1 tbsp SN Organic High Oleic Sunflower Oil
- 4 cups water (1 Litre)
- 2 tbsp SN Organic Soybean Miso paste
- ½ Organic Carrot, (fine julienne)
- 2 inch of Organic Leek, chopped
- 2 stalks Organic Siew Pak Choy
- 4 pieces SN Natural Seaweed Sprout, sliced
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and sliced into half
- Cook noodles according to package directions (5 minutes).
- Once done, drain the noodles and set aside.
- Heat up a saucepan/pot over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add oil, garlic and mushrooms. Sauté until fragrant (garlic has slightly browned).
- Add 4 cups of water to deglaze the bottom of the pan. If necessary, scrape any bits of garlic stuck onto the surface of the saucepan/pot.
- Add in the SN Vegetable Seasoning and stir until the powder has dissolved completely.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and add in the miso paste. Stir until the paste as dissolved.
- Next, add in the vegetables to cook in the broth: siew pak choy, seaweed sprout and carrots.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, turn off the heat. (Ensure siew pak choy turns into a bright green as an indicator)
- To serve, divide the noodles into 2 serving bowls. Add in the broth and toppings. Serve with a hardboiled egg and garnish with leeks. Enjoy!
Most people have digestive problems from time to time, especially the elderly. Hence miso is a great addition to your diet.
Miso has an umami flavour that makes it a secret ingredient that can enhance a plain dish and add beneficial properties to your diet. Miso is a healthy probiotic; a source of beneficial bacteria that provides benefits for our body and mind – such as improving digestive health, reduce depression and promote heart health.
Featured on our Zenxin Noodle Calendar 😉