Vege Bolognese Noodles
Having trouble getting your kids to eat vegetables? This recipe is your solution.
Credits: Dietitian Jowynna Yeo
Print the recipe! Vege Bolognese Noodle
Preparation: 20 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
Total: 35 mins
- 2 pieces of SN Organic Handmade Vegetable Noodles (any flavour)
- 2 tbsp SN 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove Organic Morado Garlic, minced
- ½ Organic Yellow Onion, diced
- ½ Organic Carrot, diced
- ½ Organic Celery Stick, diced
- ~150g Minced Chicken (optional)
- 300g La Bio Idea Organic Italian Sieved Tomatoes with basil (Tomato paste)
- 2 pieces, Organic Italian Peeled Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp SN Italian Seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan Cheese OR Nutritional Yeast
- Cook noodles according to package directions (5 minutes).
- Once done, drain the noodles and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to ensure the noodles do not stick, then set aside.
- Heat up a saucepan/pot over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add oil, garlic and onions. Sauté until fragrant (garlic has slightly browned and onions turn translucent).
- Next, add in the minced chicken and cook until the meat is browned.
- Add in the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, carrots and celery. Stir to coat all the ingredient. Add in Italian seasoning to flavour the sauce.
- Let the sauce come to a rapid simmer, then turn the heat down to low and let the sauce cook for 5 minutes. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, divide the noodles into 2 serving plates and top it off with your Bolognese sauce.
- Add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast to top it off, enjoy!
A kid favourite recipe, you can’t go wrong with Bolognese packed with fibre and vitamins from vegetables and our handmade noodles.
Featured on our Zenxin Noodle Calendar 😉