Add turmeric to your breakfast!
A nutrient packed muffin to start your day.
Credits: Dietitian Jowynna Yeo
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 20 – 30mins
Total: 40 mins
- 192g SN Org Unbleached Self Raising Flour
- 68g SN Org Stoneground Wholegrain Plain Flour
- 20g SN Org Dried Turmeric (Coarse-Cut)
- 100g SN Org Molasses Sugar
- 168g SN High Oleic Org Sunflower Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 125ml Milk
- a pinch of SN Org Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 10g SN Org Goji Berries
- 10g SN Org Raisins
- 10g SN Org Pumpkin Seeds
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the wet ingredients – eggs, sunflower oil, sugar, and milk. Add turmeric, cinnamon and salt, then mix well.
Next, fold in flour until combined. (Do not overmix as the muffins may come out tough)
Add in toppings such as pumpkin seeds, raisins and goji berries.
Pour the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool the muffins on a wire rack. Serve warm. Enjoy on its own or with a hot cup of tea or coffee.