This salt-free recipe is a must-try for all new mommies! The main ingredient- Multigrain Black Fusilli can get your little one to eat more wholegrains and antioxidants effortlessly. The use of organic spices like black pepper and turmeric powder can spice up the dish for your little one even without salt.
Addition of Premium Grade Nutritional Yeast Flakes not only gives an ‘umami’ taste to the dish, it thickens the soup without using flour (that contains gluten). Pumpkin is an excellent choice here as it adds natural sweetness to the soup. It’s also one of the nutritious vegetables to be introduced to kids as it is loaded with amazing nutrients like carotenoids, vitamin A, C and E that safeguard vision, skin and immunity health.
Print the recipe: Pumpkin soup with Gluten-free Multigrain Black Fusilli (Kids-friendly)
- Prepare time: 20mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 1 person
- 150g Organic Pumpkin (sliced)
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoon Premium Grade Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 cup Organic Gluten-free Multigrain Black Fusilli
- 1 pinch of Organic Black Pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch of ‘Lakadong’ turmeric powder
- Steam pumpkin until fork-tender. Mash the pumpkin.
- Heat a pan, add in milk, mashed pumpkin, nutritional yeast flakes to cook for 2 mins.
- Add in fusilli and bring to a boil.
- Season with black pepper and turmeric powder.