Organic Leek and Potato Soup
This non-dairy creamy soup is rich in fibre and phytonutrients to support your health. Our mealy Thai potatoes add that smooth, creamy texture.
A member of the allium family (like onions and garlic), leeks also contain allicin which has sulphur containing secondary metabolites to scavenge damaging peroxyl radicals. Kaempferol, a flavonol found in leeks, helps lower the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
Print the recipe! Organic leek and potato soup
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total: 30 mins
- 20g organic extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 500g organic leeks chopped, washed and cleaned
- 3 medium organic Thai potatoes
- 2 tbsp organic vegetable stock concentrate with Himalayan rock salt
- 2 litres water
- Wash, clean and prepare the leeks chopping them into slices.
- Measure out the olive oil into the Thermomix bowl or stainless steel saucepan.
- Begin to sauté the leeks (For TX 20 mins, 98°C on speed 1)
- Add the chopped potatoes and sauté for 6 mins.
- Add water to the 2 litre mark and continue to cook.
- After the time/program is completed add the vegetable stock and blend. (TX speed 10 for 2 minutes)
- Adjust taste, add freshly ground pepper and enjoy 🙂