Red Dates, or Jujube is a superfood known as the fruit of immortality . It has been used as a health tonic to strengthen the ‘Qi’, improve digestion, tonify blood and calm the mind.
Dried Red Dates have sweet, apple-like flavour which you can add them into soup for natural sweetness. This quick recipe of Nourishing Red Date Chicken Soup is good for all but best for women in postpartum recovery stage.
Print recipe here: Nourishing Red Date Chicken Soup
- Prepare time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20mins
- Serving: 2 person
- 1 litre Filtered Water
- 2 pcs Chicken chop
- 5 pcs Qingyuan Organic Brown Shiitake Mushroom
- 2 slices Organic Ginger
- 2 teaspoon Organic Sun-Dried Goji berry
- 8 pcs Organic Sun-Dried Red Date
- Himalayan Rock Salt (to taste)
- Boil the water in a pot
- Add in chicken chop, mushroom, ginger, goji berries and red dates. Cook for 15 mins or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Season with salt and serve.