Sometimes the simplest combinations can taste absolutely amazing! Here we have the salty notes of Greek feta cheese combined with local lettuce & fresh strawberries with a sweet-sour dressing.
Perfection! There is something about strawberries that confirms summer has arrived, whether in the northern or southern hemisphere. Happiest growing in cool to warm climates between 16° – 26°C, they flourish in Victoria, California & Spain.
Maple syrup is produced mainly in NE North America although the maple trees are now successfully in Nelson, New Zealand with plans to grow in Otago and South Canterbury.
High in antioxidants, it is also mineral rich yet has fewer calories than honey.
Picked and pressed on the same day to preserve its polyphenol content our heart healthy Simply Natural’ Spanish Extra-virgin cold pressed organic olive oil helps fight inflammation. Pharmacological research has also established that as well as the cardiovascular system, olive oil protects against respiratory and digestive cancers.
Adding the sweet sourness to the dressing is balsamic vinegar. Antioxidants & antimicrobial compounds in combination with acetic acid help promote healthy digestion, lower cholesterol & high blood pressure and even assist in weight loss.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
- 200g organic Cos lettuce
- 250g fresh organic strawberries
- 100g organic Greek feta cheese
Crumbled Maple balsamic vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Spanish organic cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- Freshly grated organic black pepper
- A pinch of ‘Simply Natural’ French sea salt
1. Wash, spin dry and tear the lettuce into bit size portions.
2. Wash and remove the leaves from the strawberries, halve or quarter according to size.
3. Crumble the feta cheese ready to sprinkle over the salad. 4. Shake together the ingredients of the vinaigrette.