- Preparation: 20 minutes
- Baking: 30-35 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Serves: 3-4
1 cup (227g) lukewarm water
2 1/2 cups (298g) Simply Natural Organic Stoneground Wholegrain Plain Flour
1/4 cup (50g) vegetable oil
2 tablespoons (43g) honey
1/2 cup (43g) Simply NaturalOrganic Brown Flaxseed Meal
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons instant yeast
Combine all the ingredients, mix and knead by hand, mixer or bread machine, to make a soft, smooth, slightly sticky dough.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and allow it to rise till it is almost doubled in size, about 60 to 90 minutes.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Gently shape the dough into a smooth log and settle it into the pan, smooth side up.
- Tent the pan with lightly greased plastic wrap, and allow the loaf to rise till its crowned over the rim of the pan by about 3/4, in approximately 30 to 60 minutes. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Bake the bread for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the centre registers 90°C an instant-read thermometer. Remove bread from the oven and turn it out of the pan onto a rack to cool.