Simply Natural Organic Coconut Nectar Syrup is made from 100% Indonesian Coconut Flower Bud Sap. The farmers tap the blossoms to collect the sap and later boil it at a medium heat to eliminate any harmful bacteria. It is organic, unrefined, non-GMO and preservative free.
Coconut nectar syrup contains trace amounts of C & B vitamins, the minerals potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron and copper and small amounts of phytonutrients, such as polyphenols, flavonoids and anthocyanidins and antioxidants. A beneficial vitamin like substance called inositol, known to positively influence both serotonin production and insulin is also present.
Coconut nectar syrup can be considered the tropical equivalent of pure maple syrup as it is harvested in a similar way and can be used in similar recipes.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 8 cups ‘snow’ or finely ground ice
- 1 cup Simply Natural Organic Coconut Nectar Syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced organic fresh ginger
- A little Simply Natural Himalayan Rock salt
- 6 craft sticks
- Grind ice cubes into ‘snow’ and pack into a tray re-placing it in the freezer.
- Add syrup and ginger to a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir frequently until a candy thermometer registers 240°F (soft ball stage) ~10-12 mins.
- Remove from heat & pour hot syrup mixture into 3 strips at a time over the snow.
- Sprinkle a little Himalayan salt over each syrup strip.
- Quickly using a lolly stick, press gently onto the end of each strip and roll.
- Place on a sheet of parchment paper to cool.
- Repeat the process until there is no more liquid. Leave to harden and enjoy!