This warm egg drop soup is suitable for serving as an appetizer, especially during the Chinese New Year Eve’s reunion dinner. The sweetness from the corn kernel and umami flavour from the white shitake mushroom would boost its the soup’s savoury flavour. The white shiitake mushroom contains beta-glucan that is good for our heart health and it is known to regulate blood cholesterol. Lastly, it is thickened by organic potato starch which will further provide the richness of the soup. In addition, organic potato starch is the great substitute to replace the conventional cornstarch, it is gluten-free and free from GMO. This is an ideal dish for your family members especially during this festive season.
- 1 piece Organic Sweetcorn (kernel)
- 1 piece Qing Yuan Organic White Shiitake mushroom (soaked and diced)
- 50 g Organic Carrot (diced)
- 60 g Organic Celery (diced)
- 1 Egg White
- 1800 ml Water
- 2 tablespoon Organic Potato Starch
- 100 ml Water
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1 teaspoon Natural Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Seasoning G Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Stock Concentrate
- Bring water to boil. Add all the seasonings.
- Add sweetcorn, mushroom, carrot and celery and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bring to boil at medium heat. Whisk together the potato starch and water. Add the mixture into the soup in small amounts and stir to combine until desired consistency is achieved.
- Slowly pour in the beaten eggs, while stirring the soup in one direction. The egg will spread out and feather through the soup.
- Taste once more and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.