Protein Powders have been turning heads of health-conscious people with their impressive nutrition profile and versatilities in recipes. Whether in baking, cooking or in smoothies, using protein powder can be an alternative, not only to gain muscle mass but help with supporting healthy weight and healthy immune system function.
How does incorporating protein powder enhance your diet?
- Added Nutrition: Especially those who are vegan or vegetarians, it might be a little challenging to meet daily protein intake. For that reason, smoothies with protein powder or adding protein powder in recipes may be an alternative option,increasing protein intake with minimal preparation time.
- Muscle Growth: Good for building muscle mass and its recovery. Hence, it is recommended to take protein supplements after exercise as it may aid recovery by reducing muscle damage, improving muscle performance and synthesis of new muscle cells.
- Aids in Weight Loss: Helps to delay the stomach emptying and reduce the secretion of ghrelin (hormone responsible for stimulating feelings of hunger) to curb cravings and decrease appetite.
Plant Based vs Dairy Based Protein Powders
Plant based protein is extracted from legumes, seeds and some grains (hemp, peas, soy and more). Studies show that plant-based protein has some key advantages over animal-derived proteins as they often contain fiber, are lower in fat, and free from cholesterol.
In addition, plant-based protein powder is free from allergens, naturally gluten-free and gets absorbed quickly by the body. Therefore, if you’re looking for something easy to digest, plant-based protein powder may be the answer.
Introducing Simply Natural’s Organic Pea Protein Powder:
- Made from organic peas which are grind into powder, separated from starch and fibre, leaving its highly concentrated pea protein isolate.
- Plant based protein powerhouse
- High quality protein source; 14g protein per serving
- Containing all 9 essential amino acids
- High in BCAAs
- Unsweetened and unflavoured
- Has typical beany taste
- Hypoallergenic; free from gluten, soy and dairy