A colourful dish to kickstart your day
Especially great for vegans, or for those days that you’ve ran out of eggs at home.
Credits: Dietitian Jowynna Yeo
Print the recipe! Tofu Scramble
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
Total: 25 mins
- 1 pack firm tofu (300g), patted dry
- 1 tablespoon SN High Oleic Organic Sunflower Oil
- 1 clove Organic Morado Garlic, minced
- ½ Organic Red Onion, diced
- ½ cup Organic Grey Oyster Mushroom
- ½ cup Organic Carrots, diced
- 1 cup Organic New Zealand Spinach, chopped
- ½ Organic Tomato, diced
- ½ teaspoon SN Organic Turmeric Powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a non-stick pan, heat up sunflower oil on medium heat and sauté the garlic and onions until fragrant and onions turn translucent while garlic turns to a light golden brown.
- Add in mushrooms, tomatoes and carrots and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Next, add in tofu into the pan and crumble it into small pieces using a spatula. Sprinkle salt, pepper and turmeric powder evenly to coat the scramble. Stir fry for approximately five minutes.
- Lastly, add in spinach and stir fry until the spinach is wilted and a bright green colour is achieved.
- Serve on its own or on a slice of toast. Enjoy!
Tofu is a great vegetarian / vegan source of protein. In fact, a pack of firm tofu (300g) has the protein content of 2 large eggs!
Not only its high in protein, it also contains all the essential amino acids our body needs in addition to various vitamins and minerals.
Featured on ‘Taller & Smarter Kids’