- Preparation: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Cooking: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total time: 2 hour 20 minutes
- Serve: 4
- 1/2 cup dry Organic Chickpeas
- 1/2 pcs Organic Tomato
- 2 pcs Mini Cos lettuce (chopped)
- 5 pcs lime
- 1 tsp Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1 tsp Organic Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup Organic Quinoa
- Either soak chickpeas overnight in cool water (for 6-8 hours) or use the quick-soak method: add rinsed chickpeas to a large pot and cover with 2 inches water. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil for 1 minute. Then turn off heat, cover, and let soak for 1 hour. Then drain, rinse and add back to the pot.
- To cook soaked chickpeas, add to a large pot and cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer, add salt and stir, and cook uncovered for 40 minutes – 1 hour 20 minutes (depending on the size/freshness of your beans).
- Sample a bean at the 40 minute mark to see how tender they are. You are looking for just tender beans with a tiny bit of bite, and the skins will start to show signs of peeling. Once cooked, drain beans and set aside, sprinkle with a bit more salt.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking the beans, start cooking quinoa by heating a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and rinsed quinoa. Toast for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. This will allow some of the water to evaporate and add a nice toasty flavor.
- Add water and increase heat to medium-high/high to bring to a boil. Once water boils, reduce heat to low (simmer), cover and cook for 18-22 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and the water has completely absorbed. Then remove from heat and lossely drape the post with a towel or paper towel to continue absorbing any excess moisture.
- Prepare dressing by adding cherry tomatoes, sea salt, honey and black pepper to a small mixing bowl and mix them together.
- Lastly, steam mini cos lettuce. Add 1/2 inch water to a medium saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat. Insert a steamer basket and the mini cos lettuce, cover. Steam for 1-2 minutes. Immediately remove the mini cos lettuce from the heat and transfer to a small dish for serving.
- To serve, divide quinoa, chickpeas and mini cos lettuce between serving bowls and top with dressing. Add a splash of fresh lemon juice for more flavor and a bit of acidity (highly recommended).