1 hour 25 minutes
- 2 whole chicken legs, deboned
- 10 g Simply Natural Premium Grade Organic Soy Sauce
- ¼ tsp Simply Natural White Pepper Powder
- 3 ZENXIN Organic Antibiotic Free Eggs (Selenium Enriched) (shell removed)
- 1260 g water
- 2 tsp Simply Natural French Sea Salt
- 50 g fresh ZENXIN Organic Ginger, peeled
- 10 g ZENXIN Organic Garlic cloves, peeled
- 30 g Simply Natural Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 300 g rice, washed
- 1 chicken stock cube
- or 1 tsp chicken stock powder, homemade or store-bought
- 2 ZENXIN Organic Pandan Leaves
- 50 g ZENXIN Organic Brown Onions
- 70 g ZENXIN Organic Potatoes, cut in cubes
- 70 g ZENXIN Organic Tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 120 g ZENXIN Organic Carrots, cut in cubes
- Place a large bowl on mixing bowl lid, weigh in whole chicken legs and light soy sauce. Add white pepper powder to the bowl and marinate for 30 minutes in a cool place or in the refrigerator.
- Place eggs, 260 g water and 1 tsp salt in mixing bowl, mix 6 sec/speed 4. Pour egg mixture to 4 heat-resistant bowls, that fit into Varoma tray and set aside. Clean mixing bowl.
- Place fresh ginger and garlic in mixing bowl, chop Turbo/1 sec/1 time. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add cooking oil, sauté 3 min/120°C/speed “Stirring” . Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Insert simmering basket. Place washed rice, add 1000 g water, sautéed ginger and garlic, 1 tsp salt, chicken stock cube, pandan leaves and mix well with spatula.
- Place marinated chicken legs into Varoma dish and make sure the chicken do not fully cover the vents of Varoma dish. Insert Varoma tray with egg mixture onto Varoma dish. Place Varoma into position, steam 20 min/Varoma/speed 3. Remove Varoma and set aside. Remove simmering basket with spatula. Keep rice warm until it is ready to serve. Set Varoma tray with steamed egg aside.
- Add yellow onions, potatoes, tomatoes and carrots to mixing bowl. Place Varoma dish with chicken back into position, close Varoma lid and continue to cook 15 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Remove Varoma. Cut chicken in pieces and transfer to a serving plate. Transfer soup to a bowl. Serve hot with rice, steamed egg and chicken.
- In a mixing bowl, mix whole chicken legs, light soy sauce, white pepper powder. Marinate it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Saute chopped ginger and garlic with cooking oil until fragrant. Set aside.
- In a rice cooker, place washed rice, water, sautéed ginger and garlic, 1 tsp salt, chicken stock cube, pandan leaves and mix well. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Beat 3 eggs and steam for 15 minutes.
- Steam the marinated whole chicken legs, together with yellow onions, potatoes, tomatoes and carrots in another bowl for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice, steamed egg and chicken.