I am always looking out for whole food and a lasting snack to pack for my 3 school goers…
This is a recipe that goes well with more than prunes and raisins. You can easily replace Apricot or Figs with the same recipe.
Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside…that’s what my kids tell me when they grab the cookie whenever they are off the tray! It brings a smile to me.
Happy baking and Happy packing these for your loved ones.
Credit: Zenxin Guest Chef, Ilyn
Print recipe here: Crispy and Chewy Organic Prunes and Raisins Cookie
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Total: 25 mins
- Servings: 15 cookies
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp rock salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- I cup chopped organic prunes
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Line baking tray with baking sheet. Set aside
- Beat egg together with vanilla essence in a bowl. Set aside
- Whisk soft butter (room temperature) and sugar till creamy* and fluffy
- Sieve in dry ingredients; flour, salt, baking soda
- Add egg and vanilla mixture and fold in to mix all ingredients together
- Just combined will do; do NOT overmix
- Drop about 1 tablespoonful of batter onto baking tray
- Keep 2 inches between each scoop as it will expand outwards
- Bake for 10 mins or until the surface and side are brown
- Remove from oven and cool down
- Now, enjoy it!
*you will know the butter and sugar is creamed and fluffy when you can no longer feel the granulated sugar in the mixture