Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Mee Sua Soup with Sliced Fish by Berlinda Goh
This comforting, easy to digest Mee Sua Soup with Sliced Fish will soothe and nourish your little one. It is especially helpful when kids lose appetite or when they are not feeling well. The use of ZENXIN steamboat stock and shiitake mushrooms give umami flavour to the soup, simply add organic sweet corn for natural sweetness, thus reducing the need of using sodium-laden seasoning like salt or MSG. Pumpkin mee sua has a smooth and soft texture, the vibrant yellow colour that comes from organic pumpkin helps stimulate appetites too.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 box Simply Natural Steamboat Stock
- 150 g Fish Slices
- 1 cob Organic Sweetcorn cut into 5 pieces
- 4 pcs Organic Fresh Shiitake Mushrooms
- 4 pcs Organic Baby Corn halved lengthwise
- 6 sliced Organic Carrot
- 1 bunch Organic English Spinach cut into small section
- 2 bundles Simply Natural Pumpkin Mee Sua
- Some Fried ikan bilis
- 1 stalk Coriander/Spring onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Dashes of pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Hua Diao Wine
- Cook a soup stock according to instructions on steamboat stock. Add in sweet corn for extra sweetness. Extra soup stock can be sieved and kept for next meal.
- Lightly season fish slices with seasoning (1), keep aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Boil water in a separate pot, bring to a rolling boil. Add in mee sua to cook for 2 minutes, drain and add to serving bowl.
- Pour away water from cooking mee sua, add in a portion of soup stock. Bring to a boil and cook all the vegetables and fish slices.
- Drizzle some seasoning (2) in each serving bowl then pour the soup into the bowls.
- Garnish with crispy ikan bilis and coriander before serving.