Our Mrs Wellness Awareness Constance recently contributed a recipe for delicious oatmeal blueberry and walnut muffins. The recipe uses all natural and organic ingredients and is super easy to put together. Try it out this weekend and whip up some of these healthy desserts, and it will surely be a big hit with the family!
The recipe is as follow.
You will need:
1¼ cups of ‘Simply Natural’ Australian organic rolled oats
1 cup of ‘Simply Natural’ organic unbleached plain flour
1 tbsp aluminium-free baking powder
½ tsp of ‘Simply Natural’ French Sea Salt
1 cup of ‘Simply Natural’ organic coconut nectar sugar
Zest of 1 Zenxin Organic lemon
1 cup of goat’s milk
¼ cup of ‘Simply Natural’ virgin cold-pressed coconut oil
1 cup of Zenxin Organic blueberries
1 cup of ‘Simply Natural’ premium raw walnut
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together: rolled oats, flour, baking powder, sea salt, coconut nectar sugar and half the amount of lemon zest.
3. In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients, first beating the egg and then stirring in the goat’s milk and coconut oil.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until barely combined.
**TOP TIP: The key with muffin batters is not to over-stir.
5. Gently fold the blueberries and walnuts into the batter.
6. Divide batter equally among muffin cups filling each cup about ¾ full.
7. Bake for 20 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. Sprinkle rest of lemon zest on top of muffins and enjoy!
This is truly a wholesome and nutritious snack perfect for all. In this recipe we used blueberries and walnuts, but the great thing is the recipe can be adapted to your own favourite combinations. Try buttery macadamia nuts and chocolate chips, bananas and raw cacao nibs, grapes and roasted cashews and many more!