Servings: 7 people
- Rice cooker (or Thermomix)
- 1 cup Organic Mixed Quinoa ~290g soaked
- 1 Organic Purple Sweet Potato ~150g (medium size)
- 1 Organic Carrot ~150g (medium size)
- 1 Organic Parsnip ~150g (medium size)
- 1.5 litres Filtered Water
- Rinse the quinoa through a fine sieve and soak overnight to help remove saponins and break down the phytic acid. This allows better uptake of minerals.
- In the morning drain off the excess liquid through a fine sieve and rinse again.
- Add into the Thermomix bowl.
- Peel the carrot, parsnip, sweet potato, chop into small cubes and add to bowl
- Top up to the 1.5 litre mark with filtered water.
- Start cooking with timer on 40 mins, temperature to 98°C and speed 1on reverse.
- Serve and enjoy!
N.B. This is also made easily in the rice cooker using the porridge setting. For adults add a little ‘Simply Natural’ fermented black beans (发酵黑豆酱) or homemade organic Kimchi for a complete dish.